Any Christian School Foundation member school could have parents whose financial uncertainty will lead them to consider withdrawing their students for the remainder of this 2019-2020 school year.
In order to support your school’s efforts to help people stay engaged and stay connected to your school and its community, the Christian School Foundation is offering this emergency bursary program to help schools bridge these families for the remainder of the current 2019-2020 school year.
The Christian School Foundation is stepping into this need to demonstrate that each individual school is not left on their own in facing this challenge. We are a community of schools, working together. We also recognize how important it is that a school demonstrate its loyalty to families who find themselves in an hour of need.
- The Bridge Bursary is only available to Christian schools that are members of the Christian School Foundation.
- We are extremely grateful to the donors who have stepped forward to encourage our schools at this important moment. Nonetheless, the funds available are limited and so we are asking that if your school is able to forego applying for this support that you do so. This will leave resources available to schools who may have no other options.
- Because this support is to be used for the balance of the current school year, the maximum awarded will be $1,000 per family.
- In consideration of the Government of Ontario’s parental benefit of $200/child 12 years old and younger ($250 if a child has an identified need), more applications will be accepted from our member high schools and member schools who operate outside Ontario. We will accept up to five (5) applications from these schools.
- For schools serving grade school-aged students in Ontario, we will accept up to three (3) applications.
The deadline for applications is April 15, and we will notify you of any awards by April 17th. The funds will arrive at your school by April 30, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Meghan Van Pelt at [email protected]